Pregnancy Options in Surrey, BC
Name of Position: Community Education Director
20 hours / week
Brief Description of qualification and duties:
Education and Experience
Under-graduate or post-graduate degree in a related field.
Prefer BC Teacher’s Certification and experience in a public or private school setting.
2-3 years leadership and team development experience, ideally working with and supervising volunteers.
MUST have a valid Class 5 Driver’s License and have own vehicle
Skills and Abilities
Maintains a deep and growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ through Bible study, prayer, Church attendance and Christian fellowship.
Maintains a lifestyle consistent with the core values that are taught through our Sexual Integrity Community Education program, particularly abstinence outside of marriage
Superior skills in team building, leading, supervising, and mentoring volunteers.
Demonstrated ability to exercise considerable independence of action, judgment and initiative within limits of established objectives and policies.
Professional representation of the Centre across various community contexts.
Ability to plan, develop and coordinate programs with strategic frameworks.
Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with youth.
Strong leadership, excellent communication, public relations, and public speaking skills are essential in this role.
Familiar with social media networks, trends and youth/young adult culture
Must successfully pass a criminal record check and be willing to sign and adhere to our statement of faith, as well as the Canadian Association of Pregnancy Support Services (CAPSS) core documents
Full Application package available by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: January 30, 2015
The Calgary Pregnancy Care Centre is seeking a passionate, full-time Executive Assistant who excels in communication and administrative functions to provide essential support to the executive team.
Who we need:
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated progressive growth and responsibility in their professional career. They will be a self-starter, enthusiastic, very organized, and a team player. They will have been a continual learner, demonstrating competency in changing software and confidence in the digital arena.
CPCC staff must be non-judgmental and receptive in approach, and reflect genuine concern, respect and commitment towards the individual, family and community.
What we have to offer:
Free Downtown Parking
Extended Health Benefits
Reduced Christmas season hours
Fun, dynamic team culture
An opportunity to continually grow and learn
To view the role description, read more here... If this opportunity excites you and you feel you have the qualifications for this position, we look forward to hearing from you.
To apply forward resume with covering letter via e-mail to: email@example.com
Attention: Susan Herman, Director of Operations
Subject Line: Executive Assistant
Applicants must state salary range expectations in their cover letter.
Closing Date: January 31, or until a suitable candidate found.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
For more information about the Calgary Pregnancy Care Centre, please visit www.pregcare.com
Informed Choiced Pregnancy Care Centre in Moose Jaw, SK
DIRECTOR POSITION DESCRIPTION
It is the role of the board of directors to carefully review the responsibilities to ascertain which best suit the Center Director’s gifts, talents, and education. The board should be ready to develop committees to respond to those responsibilities not included in the job description, or included in the job description but beyond the reasonable work load for the Center Director. The Center Director position description is subject to thoughtful change pending the progression of a strong volunteer base and additional staff members.
Objectives of the position: The Center Director has the full responsibility for the day-to-day operation of the pregnancy center. This includes the implementation of the policies and procedures approved by the board of directors within the parameters of the Center's budget. This includes the training and management of all volunteers and the implementation of necessary programs to meet client needs. In partnership with the board, the Center Director will be fiscally responsible for the Center and developing community and public relations. In partnership with the Board, the Center Director will establish and perform sufficient fundraising for the operation of the Center. This is a permanent part time position.
Reports to: The Board of Directors
Supervises: All volunteers and staff
1. Be a committed Christian who demonstrates a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord
2. Exhibit strong commitment and dedication to the pro-life position and sexual purity
3. Agree with and be willing to uphold the Statement of Principle, Statement of Faith, and policies of the Center
4. Have a bachelor's degree, preferably in a helping field, or related experience equivalent
5. Have one year of experience as a volunteer or employee in some ministry capacity
6. Have two years of experience in a helping profession in a position requiring management experience or equivalent
7. Have two years experience in an administrative position, preferably with supervisory responsibilities
8. Have experience in fund-raising and public relations development.
9. Exhibit skill in interpersonal communication, public speaking, problem solving, writing and effective media relations.
10. Be able to provide spiritual leadership, discipleship, and support to the volunteers and staff
11. Be able to carry out responsibilities with no supervision
1. Make prayer an integral part of the day-to-day operation of the pregnancy center
2. Formulate and revise operational policies and procedures necessary for consistent operation, with the Board of Director approval
3. Conduct written and oral evaluations of staff and volunteers on the request of the Board of the Directors or as required.
4. Handle routine business calls
5. Partner with the Board of Directors to create a responsible annual budget.
6. Oversee and ensure that accurate and current financial records are kept and reported to the
7. Oversee expenditures for budgeted expenses of Center and oversee purchase requests
8. Oversee the compilation of statistical reports, accurate record keeping, and monthly
reporting to the board
9. Coordinate a yearly calendar for the ministry and implementation of special events
10. Ensure that all Center policies are carried out
11. Hold consistent meetings with volunteers and staff to be comprised of client and staff needs and progress
12. Attend all board meetings and present a monthly report
13. Maintain policies and procedures manual for the operation of the Center
14. Oversee management of a donor management program
15. Interact with the Board of Directors to relate client or staff needs, progress of Center, problems, goal setting and implementation
16. Oversee the data entry of client information
17. Coordinate an annual appreciation event for staff and volunteers
II. Public Relations
1. Educate the local community, including churches, pastors, community groups, as well as
the professional community about the pregnancy center ministry with the goal of obtaining support and involvement with the ministry
2. Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with pastors and churches in the community
3. Develop and maintain relationships with other ministries/organizations that meet client
4. Represent the ministry and services of the pregnancy center to the community and the
5. Develop, oversee, and revise promotional materials used in presenting the pregnancy
center to clients, community, and churches
6. Work closely with the board of directors to promote public awareness of the ministry
through advertisement and church presentations
1. Plan, conduct, and work with a committee to execute major fundraising events and direct
mail pieces and newsletters each year
2. Develop and execute a program to appeal to church mission boards for financial support
3. Communicate with donors on a regular basis
4. Involvement with visibility, and possible expansion of the pregnancy center ministry in
5. Obtain feedback and continually assess goals for establishment of effective ministry
6. Produce long and short-term objectives to accomplish the ministry goals of the center
7. Develop a yearly development plan
IV. Client Services
1. Oversee client programs and support services offered by the center
2. Provide peer counseling and services for clients when staff or volunteers are not available
3. Ensure peer counselling needs for clients are priority
1. Conduct or assist in conducting/arranging volunteer training seminars
2. Recruit, select and interview possible volunteers for the ministry
3. Provide necessary supervision of the in-service training program as set forth in the policies and procedures manual
4. Coordinate and assist in arranging and/or teaching the volunteer in-service meetings
Resumes should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, by Dec. 10, 2014, with a start date of Jan. 2, 2015