Canadian Association of Pregnancy Support Services (CAPSS)
Postiion: Advancement Director
Half time position. Six month contract. Subject to renewal.
CAPSS is a national best practices association equipping faith-based Pregnancy Care Centres across Canada.
The Advancement Director is responsible for all fundraising activities including direct mail, major donors, fundraising events, and creating new initiatives to engage our constituency and expand our donor base.
CAPSS staff are required to have a personal Christian faith, active church participation, and a commitment to the sanctity of human life.
Our national office is located in Red Deer, Alberta. The successful candidate can work from her or his home office, in any province.
The Advancement Director will work with a supportive ministry team, which includes the Executive Director, Office Administrator and Communications Liaison.
Please send a cover letter and resume – Attention: Lola French CAPSS
Executive Director email@example.com
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Pregnancy Concerns of Coquitlam, BC is looking for a Community Education Co-ordinator
Start date: as soon as possible
The Community Education Co-ordinator will oversee the Centre's Healthy Relationship program, which encourages sexual purity. This will involve scheduling and presenting curriculum to groups of young people; researching and keeping current on youth culture trends and sexual health information; training and management of volunteers, and building relationships with local churches and schools.
Have 2-3 years leadership and team development experience, ideally working with volunteers
- Have proven ability to take initiative, be self-motivated and work independently.
- Exhibit strong skills in organisation, public speaking, interpersonal communications and problem solving.
- Have experience in program development.
- Exhibit strong skills with PowerPoint 2007, computer and multi-media graphics.
- An undergraduate or post graduate degree is preferred
- BC Teacher's Certification and experience in a public or private school setting would be an asset.
Be a committed Christian who demonstrates a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Saviour and Lord.
- Exhibit a strong commitment and dedication to the pro-life position and sexual purity.
- Agree with and be willing to uphold the Statement of Faith and Statement of Principles of Pregnancy Concerns.
A full job description can be obtained from the email address below.
Please send resume and cover letter in confidence to Joy Gove at:firstname.lastname@example.org
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Live Well Clinic for Sexual Health and Pregnancy Association, Vernon, BC is seeking an executive director. This position is 30 hours per week.
The Live Well Clinic opened in 2011 as a pregnancy care centre. We have been working with CAPSS and Focus on the Family to launch our medical services. Beginning in November, our centre will be offering STI testing and medically confirmed pregnancy tests. Additionally, our centre has also been active in sexual abstinence programming. We currently have on staff a part-time nurse (RN), and a part-time client services coordinator, in addition to our executive director.
The most significant position in the clinic is that of Executive Director. Under the auspices of the board of directors, the Executive Director sets the standard for the ministry. The Executive Director is responsible for the implementation of the policies and procedures, as approved by the board of directors within the parameters of the clinic budget.
• Be a committed Christian who demonstrates a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Saviour and Lord.
• Experience as a volunteer in some ministry capacity
• Be able to carry out responsibilities with little or no supervision.
• Exhibit skill in interpersonal communication (writing and public speaking), and problem solving.
• Hold to and agree with the CAPSS core documents
• Have a bachelor's or master's degree, preferably in a related field, or experience in a counselling role.
• Have experience in an administrative position requiring management and supervision experience.
• Set the spiritual atmosphere of the clinic, providing encouragement and direction for the staff members and volunteers.
• Hiring and termination of non-medical staff.
• Provide managerial support, direction, and supervision to staff and volunteers.
• Recruit and train volunteers.
• Consult with treasurer on annual budget that is presented to the board of directors for approval.
• Work with Client Service Coordinator to oversee client counselling services and programs
• Work with Medical Director and Nurse Manager to implement and coordinate medical services.
• Work with Community Education Coordinator to ensure that the sexual education program is being presented in area schools, youth groups and churches as requested.
• Provide direct client service as needed.
• Ensure that all Centre/Clinic policies are carried out
• Prepare the quarterly newsletter, bi annual donor communications, and website maintenance.
• With the help of the board, fund development for the financial needs of the clinic
• Execute major annual fundraising events.
• Write grant proposals
• Represent the clinic to pastors, churches, community organizations to broaden support-base.
• Maintain working relationships with agencies, physicians, churches and organizations that refer clients or accept referrals from the ministry to ensure our clients receive excellent care.
• Serve as primary spokesperson for the clinic to the media.
Please submit resumes to the board chair at email@example.com. Closing Date November 11, 2015
Okanagan Valley Pregnancy Care Centre
Position: Executive Director
Reports to: Board of Directors
Position Summary: The Executive Director is the visionary and strategic leader and manager of the Okanagan Valley Pregnancy Care Centre.
Qualifications: The successful applicant will typically possess a Master's or Bachelor’s degree in a field related to Social Work, Business or Commerce, though substantive experience may be considered in lieu. This position recommends considerable experience (5 to 7 years) in fund development, leadership and business administration. Experience in policy and program development and familiarity with women-focused organizations are considered assets.
•Model servant leadership and demonstrate and encourage ongoing spiritual growth and development.
•Set the spiritual atmosphere of the Centre through prayer and dependence upon the Lord.
•Function as “the face” and key spokesperson for the OVPCC mission, vision and values to the greater community and the media.
•Take a proactive role in counseling clients and developing positive interactive relationships with clients
•Develop ongoing mutually supportive relationships with pastors, churches and community agencies/ministries that meet client needs
Support directors in meeting key Board responsibilities:
•Missionand Program Oversight and Audit
•Board Growth and Development
•With the board, design and implement Fund Development Strategies.
•With a working committee, plan major fundraising events and campaigns.
•Build and maintain relationships with donors via face-to-face meetings, newsletters and personal communication
•Develop, implement, and oversee ongoing strategic management plan for Centre operations.
•Provide managerial support, direction and supervision to the Centre staff
•Ensure the excellence and integrity of peer counselling and all other services provided for clients
•Oversee recruitment, selection and interview process of prospective volunteers
•Coordinate with treasurer, directors and other staff an annual budget that is presented to the board for approval
•Ensure that accurate and current financial records are being kept and reported to the board monthly
•Attend board meetings and present activity, statistics and progress reports
•Oversee sexual health and integrity education program
Please submit applications (in Word format) to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information contact: Theresa White email@example.com 250 763-2112
The Huronia Pregnancy Resource Centre (HPRC) is a not for profit organization which has operated in Midland, Ontario since 1994. The HPRC is an affiliate of the Canadian Association of Pregnancy Support Services (CAPSS). We provide options information for pregnancy and offer assistance and resources to women and men with young children. Emotional and spiritual support is also provided to individuals impacted by a pregnancy loss (i.e. abortion, stillbirth, miscarriage).
The HPRC is seeking an individual with a heart for ministry and a desire to make a difference in the lives of women, men and children in our community. The Executive Director will report directly to the Board of Directors and has responsibility for the overall operation of the HPRC in the form of spiritual leadership, administration, volunteer coordination, and community relations.
Position: Executive Director
Hours of Employment: 15 hours per week, Hourly Wage: $17 per hour, plus 4% vacation pay
The Executive Director must:
•Be a committed Christian with a solid background of service and a strong commitment to the sanctity of human life
•Agree with and be willing to uphold the CAPSS Core Documents (www.capss.com)
•Be teachable and willing to work as a member of a team
•Provide compassionate non-judgmental support to the clientele of the HPRC
•Exhibit skills in administration and interpersonal communication
•Provide a demonstrated ability for leadership and encouragement
•Be able to initiate and oversee fundraising
•Provide confidential services and maintain confidential records
•Provide a clear criminal record check
•Provide 2 work related references and 1 reference from a Pastor
The Executive Director is expected to:
•Increase awareness of the HPRC to prospective clients, community partners, potential financial donors and other community agencies
•Manage office operations and volunteers
•Prepare a monthly report for the Board of Directors and collaborate closely with the Board Chairperson
•Participate in training which may involve some travel
Our vision is for the Executive Director position to grow with the needs, resources, and opportunities available to the HPRC. If you feel called to this ministry, please submit your Resume and References to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 1, 2015. Please quote HPRC Executive Director Position in the subject line. Please note only those selected for an interview will be contacted.