Okanagan Valley Pregnancy Care Centre
Position: Executive Director
Reports to: Board of Directors
Position Summary: The Executive Director is the visionary and strategic leader and manager of the Okanagan Valley Pregnancy Care Centre.
Qualifications: The successful applicant will typically possess a Master's or Bachelor’s degree in a field related to Social Work, Business or Commerce, though substantive experience may be considered in lieu. This position recommends considerable experience (5 to 7 years) in fund development, leadership and business administration. Experience in policy and program development and familiarity with women-focused organizations are considered assets.
•Model servant leadership and demonstrate and encourage ongoing spiritual growth and development.
•Set the spiritual atmosphere of the Centre through prayer and dependence upon the Lord.
•Function as “the face” and key spokesperson for the OVPCC mission, vision and values to the greater community and the media.
•Take a proactive role in counseling clients and developing positive interactive relationships with clients
•Develop ongoing mutually supportive relationships with pastors, churches and community agencies/ministries that meet client needs
Support directors in meeting key Board responsibilities:
•Missionand Program Oversight and Audit
•Board Growth and Development
•With the board, design and implement Fund Development Strategies.
•With a working committee, plan major fundraising events and campaigns.
•Build and maintain relationships with donors via face-to-face meetings, newsletters and personal communication
•Develop, implement, and oversee ongoing strategic management plan for Centre operations.
•Provide managerial support, direction and supervision to the Centre staff
•Ensure the excellence and integrity of peer counselling and all other services provided for clients
•Oversee recruitment, selection and interview process of prospective volunteers
•Coordinate with treasurer, directors and other staff an annual budget that is presented to the board for approval
•Ensure that accurate and current financial records are being kept and reported to the board monthly
•Attend board meetings and present activity, statistics and progress reports
•Oversee sexual health and integrity education program
Please submit applications (in Word format) to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information contact: Theresa White email@example.com 250 763-2112
For almost 30 years, the K-W Pregnancy Resource Centre (KWPRC) has been demonstrating the love of God by embracing, educating and empowering people facing sexual and pregnancy decisions.
Counsellor & Client Services Director
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Counsellor & Client Service Director will be responsible for the leadership of the entire client service experience at the KWPRC. This will include, but not be limited to:
• Meeting with clients with pre or post pregnancy concerns to give information, support and counsel;
• Identifying ways to help meet the spiritual, life skill and practical needs of our clients;
• Co-ordinating and facilitating client education and programs;
• Developing and implementing evaluation processes for program reporting;
• Recruiting & training volunteers;
• Identifying and networking with other professionals/agencies in the community to enhance and promote programs;
• Attending occasional special events related to the activities of the KWPRC;
• Praying regularly for the KWPRC.
This salaried position requires 4 days per week, currently Monday through Thursday, including occasional evenings.
1. A committed Christian who actively demonstrates a dependence on Jesus Christ;
2. Exhibits a strong commitment to the pro-life position and to sexual purity;
3. Agrees with and upholds the KWPRC’s Statement of Principle, Statement of Faith, Confidentiality agreement and other policies;
4. Trustworthy, respecting sensitive issues and ensuring confidentiality of client information;
5. Demonstrates empathy and has a heart for women needing guidance and support;
6. Demonstrates initiative and actively seeks out opportunities to meet the needs of our clients and volunteers;
7. A keen learner who seeks out opportunities to improve their skills and the contribution they make to KWPRC’s success;
8. A team player who has a desire to contribute to the overall effectiveness of the Centre, its programs, staff and volunteers in fulfilling our mission.
QUALIFICATIONS & CORE COMPETENCIES:
• A diploma or degree in the Social Work or Counselling sector from a recognized University;
• Current registration with a professional Social Worker or Counselling College;
• Excellent computer skills and familiarity with the use of electronic communication devices;
• Is able to work with minimal supervision to meet deadlines and intended ministry outcomes;
• Proven leadership abilities and strong people skills;
• Demonstrated knowledge, insight and understanding of the needs of mothers;
• Possesses well-developed organizational abilities with a keen ability to attend to and manage details and ensure accuracy of work assignments;
• Able to capably and sensitively represent the KWPRC through well-developed written and oral communication skills.
• Minimum 3 years of experience in a related field with proven counselling and/or mentoring experience;
• Working in a team setting;
• Experience and knowledge of client/child safety issues and demonstrated capacity to apply safety practices.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a resume and cover letter by Friday, October 30th to the attention of:
K-W Pregnancy Resource Centre
The KWPRC is committed to the protection of children - all offers of employment will be conditional upon the successful completion of reference checks and a Police background check.
The Huronia Pregnancy Resource Centre (HPRC) is a not for profit organization which has operated in Midland, Ontario since 1994. The HPRC is an affiliate of the Canadian Association of Pregnancy Support Services (CAPSS). We provide options information for pregnancy and offer assistance and resources to women and men with young children. Emotional and spiritual support is also provided to individuals impacted by a pregnancy loss (i.e. abortion, stillbirth, miscarriage).
The HPRC is seeking an individual with a heart for ministry and a desire to make a difference in the lives of women, men and children in our community. The Executive Director will report directly to the Board of Directors and has responsibility for the overall operation of the HPRC in the form of spiritual leadership, administration, volunteer coordination, and community relations.
Position: Executive Director
Hours of Employment: 15 hours per week, Hourly Wage: $17 per hour, plus 4% vacation pay
The Executive Director must:
•Be a committed Christian with a solid background of service and a strong commitment to the sanctity of human life
•Agree with and be willing to uphold the CAPSS Core Documents (www.capss.com)
•Be teachable and willing to work as a member of a team
•Provide compassionate non-judgmental support to the clientele of the HPRC
•Exhibit skills in administration and interpersonal communication
•Provide a demonstrated ability for leadership and encouragement
•Be able to initiate and oversee fundraising
•Provide confidential services and maintain confidential records
•Provide a clear criminal record check
•Provide 2 work related references and 1 reference from a Pastor
The Executive Director is expected to:
•Increase awareness of the HPRC to prospective clients, community partners, potential financial donors and other community agencies
•Manage office operations and volunteers
•Prepare a monthly report for the Board of Directors and collaborate closely with the Board Chairperson
•Participate in training which may involve some travel
Our vision is for the Executive Director position to grow with the needs, resources, and opportunities available to the HPRC. If you feel called to this ministry, please submit your Resume and References to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 1, 2015. Please quote HPRC Executive Director Position in the subject line. Please note only those selected for an interview will be contacted.