Canadian Association of Pregnancy Support Services (CAPSS)
Position: Executive Director
Accountability: Reports to the Board of Directors
Position Summary: The Executive Director is the visionary and strategic leader of CAPSS – a national best practice association equipping faith-based Pregnancy Care Centres. CAPSS provides leadership development, operational standards, and staff and volunteer training tools for member Centres across Canada.
Qualifications: The successful applicant will typically possess a Master's or Bachelor’s degree in a field related to the helping or medical profession. This position requires proven experience in fund development. Skills in policy and program development and familiarity with women-focused organizations are considered assets.
The Executive Director is required to have a personal Christian faith, active church participation, and a commitment to the sanctity of human life.
Our national office is currently located in Red Deer, Alberta. Consideration will be made for the successful candidate to serve from her/his home province and city.
Click here for a more detailed Job Description.
Please send covering letter and resume – Attn: Gisela Steckle, Search Committee member at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Pregnancy Care Centre - Prince George, BC
Position: Executive Director
The Pregnancy Care Centre in Prince George, BC, is looking for an Executive Director (ED) whose primary role will be to lead the operations toward fulfilling our mission and vision. The ED will report to the Board of Directors and oversee all staff and volunteers. We are looking for someone committed to excellence in delivering services to our clients, recruiting and managing staff and volunteers, promoting our agency to the community, building our donor base, and working cooperatively with the Board. This is a permanent fulltime position.
About the Pregnancy Care Centre
Our vision is that the Pregnancy Care Centre would be the place where people faced with unplanned or challenging pregnancies find respect, healing, love and a unique perspective on life choices. To bring that vision into reality our mission is to be a safe, respectful organization that gives compassionate support and accurate information on pregnancy options, sexual health, and post abortion care.
This year we are celebrating 20 years of serving the city we love! The Pregnancy Care Centre is a registered non-profit Christian charitable organization. Our resources come from churches, groups, and individuals who support our vision. Our services are free of charge. We are affiliated with the Canadian Association of Pregnancy Support Services (CAPSS). CAPSS serves to provide our standard of training and care and our affiliation with CAPSS allows us to receive resources, training, support, and encouragement as we connect
on a national level.
As Executive Director you will:
Collaborate with the Board to establish and implement priorities and directives
Report to the Board on a monthly basis and as the need arises
Market the Centre and be the public face for media, supporters, and community agencies
Recruit and manage staff
Recruit, train, equip, and support volunteers
Intentionally develop leaders within the staff and volunteers to be able to capably care for clients
Ensure clients receive accurate information and that best practices are followed
Provide peer counselling and services for clients when qualified staff or volunteers are not available
Develop mission focused programs
Maintain and build the donor base and oversee donor relationships
Work cooperatively with the board in fundraising
Manage finances within the parameters of the budget and existing funds
Assist the board in ensuring all legal and regulatory requirements are met
Manage the facilities, working with the landlord, and recommending improvements
Provide spiritual leadership to the team
have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and demonstrate a lifestyle lived accordingly.
agree with all CAPSS Core Documents (attached).
have a passion for life-affirming ministry and for the clients we serve.
have a commitment to non-judgmental, compassionate manner of relating to others
possess strong interpersonal, leadership, and organization building skills
possess a valid class 5 drivers licence and have regular access to a reliable vehicle
Experience or education in one or more of the following is a strong asset:
Health or Social Services
Not for Profits or Registered Charities
Hours & Schedule
This is a full time position. Hours will vary with circumstances but will average 371/2 hours per week. You must be willing to work flexible hours as required.
Starting wage will depend upon skills, experience, and education.
Application deadline is 5:00pm PST on March 7, 2016.
How to apply
Send cover letter and resume to Jeff Paetkau, at email@example.com . We will confirm receipt of your application; however only those being invited for an interview will receive further follow up.
Central Alberta Pregnancy Care Centre Red Deer, AB
Position: Senior Director of Development and Operations
As Senior Director of Development and Operations, you are responsible for managing the capital projects, grants, and financial administration at the Centre. Additional responsibilities include overseeing the risk management function, public relations, and leadership of the financial services area.
Post-Secondary Degree / Diploma in Business Administration or related discipline or comparable education and experience
Several years of progressively more responsible leadership experience with a background in not for profit organizations
Grant writing, accounting and Capital Project Management experience is preferred
For more information on this opportunity go to http://www.pregnancycare.ca/staff-volunteer-opportunities/ and our Facebook page.
Pregnancy Concerns of Coquitlam, BC is looking for a Community Education Co-ordinator
Start date: as soon as possible
The Community Education Co-ordinator will oversee the Centre's Healthy Relationship program, which encourages sexual purity. This will involve scheduling and presenting curriculum to groups of young people; researching and keeping current on youth culture trends and sexual health information; training and management of volunteers, and building relationships with local churches and schools.
Have 2-3 years leadership and team development experience, ideally working with volunteers
- Have proven ability to take initiative, be self-motivated and work independently.
- Exhibit strong skills in organisation, public speaking, interpersonal communications and problem solving.
- Have experience in program development.
- Exhibit strong skills with PowerPoint 2007, computer and multi-media graphics.
- An undergraduate or post graduate degree is preferred
- BC Teacher's Certification and experience in a public or private school setting would be an asset.
Be a committed Christian who demonstrates a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Saviour and Lord.
- Exhibit a strong commitment and dedication to the pro-life position and sexual purity.
- Agree with and be willing to uphold the Statement of Faith and Statement of Principles of Pregnancy Concerns.
A full job description can be obtained from the email address below.
Please send resume and cover letter in confidence to Joy Gove at:firstname.lastname@example.org
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Live Well Clinic for Sexual Health and Pregnancy Association, Vernon, BC is seeking an executive director. This position is 30 hours per week.
The Live Well Clinic opened in 2011 as a pregnancy care centre. We have been working with CAPSS and Focus on the Family to launch our medical services. Beginning in November, our centre will be offering STI testing and medically confirmed pregnancy tests. Additionally, our centre has also been active in sexual abstinence programming. We currently have on staff a part-time nurse (RN), and a part-time client services coordinator, in addition to our executive director.
The most significant position in the clinic is that of Executive Director. Under the auspices of the board of directors, the Executive Director sets the standard for the ministry. The Executive Director is responsible for the implementation of the policies and procedures, as approved by the board of directors within the parameters of the clinic budget.
• Be a committed Christian who demonstrates a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Saviour and Lord.
• Experience as a volunteer in some ministry capacity
• Be able to carry out responsibilities with little or no supervision.
• Exhibit skill in interpersonal communication (writing and public speaking), and problem solving.
• Hold to and agree with the CAPSS core documents
• Have a bachelor's or master's degree, preferably in a related field, or experience in a counselling role.
• Have experience in an administrative position requiring management and supervision experience.
• Set the spiritual atmosphere of the clinic, providing encouragement and direction for the staff members and volunteers.
• Hiring and termination of non-medical staff.
• Provide managerial support, direction, and supervision to staff and volunteers.
• Recruit and train volunteers.
• Consult with treasurer on annual budget that is presented to the board of directors for approval.
• Work with Client Service Coordinator to oversee client counselling services and programs
• Work with Medical Director and Nurse Manager to implement and coordinate medical services.
• Work with Community Education Coordinator to ensure that the sexual education program is being presented in area schools, youth groups and churches as requested.
• Provide direct client service as needed.
• Ensure that all Centre/Clinic policies are carried out
• Prepare the quarterly newsletter, bi annual donor communications, and website maintenance.
• With the help of the board, fund development for the financial needs of the clinic
• Execute major annual fundraising events.
• Write grant proposals
• Represent the clinic to pastors, churches, community organizations to broaden support-base.
• Maintain working relationships with agencies, physicians, churches and organizations that refer clients or accept referrals from the ministry to ensure our clients receive excellent care.
• Serve as primary spokesperson for the clinic to the media.
Please submit resumes to the board chair at email@example.com.
Okanagan Valley Pregnancy Care Centre
Position: Executive Director
Reports to: Board of Directors
Position Summary: The Executive Director is the visionary and strategic leader and manager of the Okanagan Valley Pregnancy Care Centre.
Qualifications: The successful applicant will typically possess a Master's or Bachelor’s degree in a field related to Social Work, Business or Commerce, though substantive experience may be considered in lieu. This position recommends considerable experience (5 to 7 years) in fund development, leadership and business administration. Experience in policy and program development and familiarity with women-focused organizations are considered assets.
•Model servant leadership and demonstrate and encourage ongoing spiritual growth and development.
•Set the spiritual atmosphere of the Centre through prayer and dependence upon the Lord.
•Function as “the face” and key spokesperson for the OVPCC mission, vision and values to the greater community and the media.
•Take a proactive role in counseling clients and developing positive interactive relationships with clients
•Develop ongoing mutually supportive relationships with pastors, churches and community agencies/ministries that meet client needs
Support directors in meeting key Board responsibilities:
•Missionand Program Oversight and Audit
•Board Growth and Development
•With the board, design and implement Fund Development Strategies.
•With a working committee, plan major fundraising events and campaigns.
•Build and maintain relationships with donors via face-to-face meetings, newsletters and personal communication
•Develop, implement, and oversee ongoing strategic management plan for Centre operations.
•Provide managerial support, direction and supervision to the Centre staff
•Ensure the excellence and integrity of peer counselling and all other services provided for clients
•Oversee recruitment, selection and interview process of prospective volunteers
•Coordinate with treasurer, directors and other staff an annual budget that is presented to the board for approval
•Ensure that accurate and current financial records are being kept and reported to the board monthly
•Attend board meetings and present activity, statistics and progress reports
•Oversee sexual health and integrity education program
Please submit applications (in Word format) to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information contact: Theresa White email@example.com 250 763-2112