Whether you are an established pregnancy care centre or you want to open a centre in your community, there are many benefits of becoming an affiliate with the Canadian Association of Pregnancy Support Services (CAPSS)!
We’ve been there and we’ve done some of the heavy lifting already. We believe that we truly are better together. Affiliation with CAPSS connects you to over 70 pregnancy care centres across Canada and also gives you access to a depth of information – organized and easily accessible in our Affiliates Section.
Benefits of CAPSS Affiliation
- CAPSS is an effective voice for pregnancy care within a network of national organizations; affiliation with CAPSS enhances standards and credibility with donors and within the community.
- CAPSS affiliates adhere to core documents such as Statement of Principles, Stewardship Policy, and Commitment of Care and Competence, ensuring quality of care and consistent excellence.
- CAPSS provides ongoing encouragement and support to affiliates via phone calls, emails, a monthly affiliated newsletter, and website affiliate section.
- The CAPSS website affiliate section is an excellent source of best practices and policy guidelines, templates, survey results, statistics, and other helpful information and tools.
- Affiliated directors are connected to peer directors through a Facebook group and through regional groups; this network provides ongoing opportunities for discussion, support, and shared resources.
- Affiliates are eligible to participate in Director Accreditation Training; accreditation certificates are provided upon course completion.
- Discounts are offered to affiliates for training manuals, national conference registration, and centre insurance needs.
- CAPSS affiliation ensures registration with and referrals from Option Line.
- CAPSS Staff and Consultants are available for ongoing support and consultation in the areas of centre start-up, developing satellites, board training and management, and overall coaching and mentorship; resulting in greater centre stability and longer director/board retention.
- CAPSS affiliates have access to dual or triple affiliation with CareNet and/or Heartbeat International for the price of one CAPSS affiliation fee; triple affiliates gain discounts and full access to resources of all three associations.
- CareNet benefits: CareNet E-news, discounted registration fees for Care Net conferences, webinars on various topics, and discounted materials.
- Heartbeat International benefits: communications, webinars, a new affiliate packet and free resources, discounted international conference registration fees.
- Approved dual affiliates with CAPSS and CareNet receive a one-time free gift of a foundational set of manuals. These manuals are extremely helpful in the areas of developing and provide concise information on: Forms, Policies and Procedures, Fundraising Fundamentals, and Effective Board Leadership.
“They have helped us strategically plan, gave support when I became a new director, provided excellent training and networking opportunities, and they plan and deliver an annual conference, which not only trains our people, but builds hope and refreshes us for the year ahead.”
~ Heather Tapp, Executive Director, Belleville Pregnancy and Family Care Centre